What is this class about?
This introductory horticultural production class will give you the basics of how to produce fruit and vegetables. There aren’t any prerequisites for this class but we hope you have a “healthy” interest in producing food!
Of course, this class is just the beginning and we have lots of horticultural science classes to offer, so see if fruit and veggie production is right for you!
Some of the questions we will answer:
- How does climate change affect fruit production?
- Are peaches and nectarines the same?
- What is biodynamic production?
- How is fruit and vegetable quality determined?
- What is organic, sustainable, and biodynamic production?
- How do hydroponics work?
- What is the future of Florida agriculture?
If you want to find out more, sign up for HOS 3020 in Fall 2016! A link to the syllabus: HOS 3020 Syllabus Fall 2015
Would you like more information? Fill out the form below.